While this list is not all inclusive, it should address most of the major changes. Feel free to add to the list in the comments, or correct my mistakes. I will probably create another post with your updates.
- Make a change to Messaging Configuration Document - no restart, but need to restart SMTP and/or Router
- Make a change to the LDAP section of Server Document - restart required
- Make a change to Global Domain Document - restart required (I don't think that this is correct)
- Make a change to web server of Domino server - no restart, but need to restart HTTP task.
- Starting or changing Directory Assistance - restart required
- Make a change to the behavior of Domino Web Access (like having all users open to their InBox) - restart required
- Make a change to the Internet Ports in the Server Document - no restart, but need to restart the specific task.
- Setup Fault Recovery - restart required
- Enable Password checking on Notes IDs - restart required
- Moving an Internet Certificate from one server to another - restart required.
- Changing SSL Key Encryption strength - no restart, but need to restart HTTP task
- Changing fields on the Security tab of the Server Document - no restart, but need to wait for Domino to recache the document (about 20 minutes).
- Create or change Domain Indexing - restart required
- Disable/enable Directory Catalogs in Server Document - restart required
- Make changes to Cluster Replicator - restart required
- Edits to the Notes.INI on the server - restart required unless you use SET CONFIG. Then you need to restart the affected task
- Change Transactional Logging settings - restart required
- Enabling SSL on Domino server - no restart, but need to restart HTTP task.
- Make changes to logging for Domino Web Server Log (domlog.nsf) - no restart, but need to restart HTTP.
Comment posted by Tim E. Brown07/23/2008 11:57:25 PM
I don't think changes to DA require a restart if it's already in place. it rebuilds the tables fairly often. At least, from my expierences.
Comment posted by Martin07/24/2008 04:16:09 AM
Yes, DA requires restart when you enter its name in server document. Maybe this point is when you enter a new name or change DA name in server document, because changes in DA itself doesn't require restart and are published pretty quickly.
Comment posted by Søren Klint09/22/2011 09:08:52 AM
Does it require restart, when you change Notes.ini settings in the Configuration Document in Names.nsf?
Join The WebLog Revolution at BlogSphere.net